MacOS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Alex Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 02:35:34 PDT 2012

On 07/27/2012 11:49 PM, Italo Vignoli wrote:

Hi all,

> LibreOffice runs fine with Mountain Lion, but we should solve the
> following issues:
>
> - in order to run without special permissions, LibreOffice needs to be
> signed (identified developer)
>
> - Mountain Lion does not install Java, and LibreOffice crashed when the
> Java installation starts (when you launch LibreOffice for the first time
> after a clean install)

Will be testing more this weekend after installing OSX update, but I
gather that Gatekeeper refuses launch of LO unless the user does a
"select app with mouse, right mouse button click, launch", which is
definitely not going to make the average Mac "John Doe" User stick with
LO (or AOOo for that matter), when instead he/she can have another app
that just launches from the launchpad in a single click...

Alex