[GSOC-UPDATE](30.07) Impress Remote

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Mon Jul 30 13:31:56 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

Today I manged to get basic notes export working.

I haven't however managed to get html formatted notes working yet: the
code on the android side is more or less ready (not fully tested, but
the rendering is done by webkit which I trust is functional), the server
side is still needing work:

I've spent some time looking at html based export in order to find out
how best to export the notes, and it looks like:
- The html export filter (in sd/filter) ignores a lot of formatting,
specifically lists are unformatted in the exported html, i.e. useless
for my purposes.
- The XHtml export filter, which uses an XSLT filter correctly produces
the desired html formatting.
(The XSLT would probably have to be edited for my purposes since I only
want to export one Drawpage rather than a whole document.)

At the moment I'm trying to find out how to use the XHtml filter in my
code -- it is configured in an xml file
(filter/source/config/fragments/filters/XHTML_Impress_File.xcu), and as
of yet I haven't discovered how exactly this is instantiated in code --
my attempts, based on other code, result in me getting a FilterFactory,
which throws a NoSuchElementException when I try to get an instance of
XmlFilterAdaptor.

Hopefully I'll be able to sort this out tomorrow.

Cheers,

Andrzej