Developer interviews -- please read

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Wed Jun 6 09:35:21 PDT 2012

No need to answer this, its not meant to create noise on this list. This
is an FYI for you to read if you could.

A few months ago, we started a series of LibreOffice developer
interviews that appeared on the TDF blog. We have gotten so busy that
the interviews were put aside for a while until one of us could get back
to the series.

I have offered to help out with the interviews and I will be sending the
odd email out to a few of you every week or so with a Question/Answer
interview sheet.

You do not have to agree to the interview if you do not wish to take
part in it; nor do you have to answer all of the questions and you are
free to add some parts if you wish.

Its just a casual way of letting our blog readers find out what kind of
person commits to the TDF/LibreOffice team. People are a little curious
as to what makes you "tick" and, well, its pretty cool to find out a bit
about people on the project, especially the dev team.

There are now over 400 contributors, so, if we published an  interview a
week on the TDF blog, it would take well over a year to complete. I
imagine that there are probably more devs on the project by now, AND,
depending on the time it takes to get the completed interviews back, we
may be able to post only one interview every two weeks ... who knows.

So, when you get an email for an interview, there is no pressure to
participate if you do not want to, but it would be nice if you did. BTW
... there is no real order to the interviews, so whether you have
contributed loads of code or just a few lines, this is all that matters
... we would like to get to know you.

If there is a photo that you could supply with the interview, that would
be great but it's not a big problem if there is no photo.

Thanks a lot to all the people who will accept. I've left you a link to
our past interviews[1] for you to see/read if you wish.

BTW ... thanks to the dev team for all of the work that you put and have
put into LibreOffice; it is really appreciated and you have given us a
great product to work with. Thanks!

Cheers,

Marc

http://blog.documentfoundation.org/category/interviews/