[REVIEW-3-5] MSVC qsort issue

Muthu Subramanian K sumuthu at suse.com
Thu Jun 14 07:32:38 PDT 2012

Hi,

I was trying to debug a problem where the email-field doesn't show the
correct color when imported (pptx).
I have attached a sample debug file.

qsort seems to change the order of the elements even if the elements are
sorted. (Technically though it is correct), our way of applying color
attributes goes out of order.
For the field it should have been _FIELD data followed by EE_CHAR_COLOR,
but then because of the qsort this gets reversed.

I have attached a work-around patch, this affects only 3.5 branch and on
windows (I haven't tested 3.6+ on windows as yet, the code is different
though).

Please let me know if there is a better way to solve this problem rather
than a work-around...
If not, please review+push this, thanks!

Thanks & Regards,
Muthu Subramanian