minutes of ESC call ..., compiling HSQLDB to executable

Noel Grandin noel at peralex.com
Fri Jun 15 02:29:04 PDT 2012

On 2012-06-15 11:19, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Wow - so. If we have something like this that can work well (and I can
> imagine all manner of fun Java/GC integration problems - particulary
> if we have real Java (with GC) + llvm-java (with GC) + python (with
> GC) ;-) who owns what signal can become quite exciting).
I can't imagine trying to make this work inside a single process. The
only way I'd do it is to run the thing in a separate process and
communicate using pipes or local sockets.

> Anyhow - if we can get this going, I'd love to do it first with
> LanguageTool: it's Java-ness is what is blocking us bundling that by
> default, and it'd be great to solve that before the HSQLDB issues I
> guess. Any interest in playing with a prototype there ? ATB, Michael.
I'll have a look and report back in a couple of weeks. As is usual, this
is more work than I initially thought - that's what happens with
end-of-day bright ideas :-)