[PUSHED] Re: [REVIEW-3-6 LATE FEATURE] color scales and data bars in calc

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Fri Jun 15 07:44:12 PDT 2012

Hi Markus, all,

On 2012-06-15 at 07:10 +0200, Markus Mohrhard wrote:

> - features introduced with these commits:
>   - new dialog for conditional formats + color formats
>   - refactoring to merge conditional formats and color formats
>   - make xlsx import code use core directly, no longer use uno api (
> was necessary because uno does not know about color formats )
>   - correct odf export and import of conditional formats/color formats
> (new odf extension)
>   - allowed data bar + color scale in the same cell

So first of all - this is beautiful, thank you! :-)  In order the others
get the idea too, here is a screenshot:

http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/for_moggi/databars-colorscale-beautiful.png

I went through the patches, had few concerns, but then always found that
some later patch solved that, so all is good from my side; and Eike +
Astron was OK with this in general too, so I have pushed all the patches
to libreoffice-3-6 now.

My remaining concerns are 2:

- from some reason, the dialog does not behave 100% correctly:
  http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/for_moggi/too-narrow.png

  It does not seem to be a Gtk+ vclplugin issue, behaves the same with
  'gen'.  Markus promised to have a look over the weekend, so let's not
  block on this.

- the menu to open the dialog is currently the only submenu of Format ->
  Conditional Formatting; looks to me as Conditional Formatting...
  should be flattened for 3.6 (and given to submenu in 3.7 again) - but
  that is probably Astron's call.  Astron?

All in all, great work, I am really happy for this feature, thank you
again!

Regards,
Kendy