[PUSHED] Re: [REVIEW-3-6 LATE FEATURE] color scales and data bars in calc

Stefan Knorr (Astron) heinzlesspam at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 15 15:39:53 PDT 2012

Hi Kendy,

> - the menu to open the dialog is currently the only submenu of Format ->
>  Conditional Formatting; looks to me as Conditional Formatting...
>  should be flattened for 3.6 (and given to submenu in 3.7 again) - but
>  that is probably Astron's call.  Astron?

Markus said, he is still going to do the Manager dialogue for 3.6
which would then become the second Conditional Formatting-related
item. However, "Format > Manage conditional formatting..." is a
somewhat long menu entry, thus Markus and I concluded, it would be
better to go for "Format > Conditional formatting > Manage..." even if
the submenu has only two elements.
(The current menu entry "Format > Conditional formatting > Conditional
formatting..." should according to the Whiteboard actually be "Format
> Conditional formatting > New condition...".)

The third and fourth item (New color scale..., New data bar...) will
only be implemented after 3.6.

Full mock-up is here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/Conditional_Formatting .

Does that compute for you or do you think it's suboptimal?

Astron.