fdo#38731 - Papiamentu not avaliable as language

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Mon Jun 18 05:39:56 PDT 2012

Hi Rob,

On Friday, 2012-06-15 23:27:22 +0200, Rob Snelders wrote:

> I have looked at this bug. The problem consists of 2 parts:
> - The language-name is updated. Because the country Dutch Antilles
> is gone and the country has split into Curacao and a part has become
> the Netherlands. The language Papiamentu has now pap_cw and pap_bq.

So we need new aliases and/or mappings for them to construct those
locales.

> Of both I can't find the locale IDs Windows uses to define them.
> Where should I find them (I used the links on
> http://erack.de/bookmarks/D.html#GIL_MS) or as what do I need to
> define them?

I'll take care of it.

Windows has only 0x0479 we use as LANGUAGE_PAPIAMENTU mapping to pap-AN,
and additionally we came up with LANGUAGE_USER_PAPIAMENTU_ARUBA 0x8079
mapping to pap-AW.

Any preference if pap-AN should map to the new pap-CW or pap-BQ and
which? Or should we better come up with completely new locales?

> - The current papiamentu languages can be found in the
> character-dialog when you set a language there. But they can't be
> found in the options-dialog at the language selecter. Can I add them
> there or isn't that allowed?

Locales and default document language lists show only locales for which
locale data exists, so far no pap-* locale has any. For how to
contribute please see
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/LibreOffice_Localization_Guide/How_To_Submit_New_Locale_Data

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD