[libreoffice-projects] [ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review

David Ostrovsky david.ostrovsky at gmx.de
Wed Jun 20 21:57:20 PDT 2012

On 20.06.2012 22:47, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 3:27 PM, David Ostrovsky<david.ostrovsky at gmx.de>  wrote:
>> AFAIKs it can not be solved with gerrit: only i can change my gerrit
>> patch/change.
> really ?
> I just did exactly that onhttps://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/229/
Wow! no bad, not bad, but now this patch is not pushable any more (in
this state) to repo,
because by doing so it would preserve your identity (because the last
change set always win).

You have simple hijacked it ;-)

While claiming other people's work to be your own may be not a problem
in other contries,
here in gemany it is: in fact minister of defence and other politicians
stepped down for doing exactly that (copy/paste parts of their
dissertation in that case).
And i would really like to see an commit author's face, if reviewer
would say:
Hey dude, i just entered some more comments to clarify what you have
exactly done in your 10.000 changed line patch and
have promoted it to repo ... with my user as author!
This is obviously a no go.

To make the things right and preserve the gerrit patch to be
repo-pushable all the time,
you have to conduct even more severe civil crime: to forge other
people's identity ;-)
In your sample you have to push a new change set under Björn's (!) user
(or Stephan under mine in my question):

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/229/

but then you would definitelly be put in prison for that ... and you
said that you wanted visit LO congress this year ...
;-)

Regards
David