Building Libreoffice 3.6 on OpenIndiana x86 with GCC

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Jun 21 05:27:41 PDT 2012

On 15/06/12 23:52, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> On 15 June 2012 17:32, Jonathan Adams <t12nslookup at gmail.com> wrote:
>> /home/sal/LibreOffice/libo/desktop/Executable_oosplash.mk:83: ***
>> Cannot link against library/libraries -lsocket. Libraries must be
>> registered in Repository.mk.  Stop.
>
> Just remove the whole ifeq ($(OS),SOLARIS) ... endif part
> from desktop/Executable_oosplash.mk

oh, that looks rather invalid mixture of gb_Executable_use_libraries and
a parameter intended for _add_libs...

>> my question is, how do I tell "Repository.mk" that it should be using
>> "-lsocket" in tail_build ?
>
> It's registered in solenv/gbuild/platform/solaris.mk, see
> gb_Library_PLAINLIBS_NONE.
> It's also in gb_STDLIBS, so we link against it ~all the time.

i've added it there recently when ploum tried to build on Solaris,
because apparently some of the socket and DNS related functions that are
usually found in libc on Linux are in these separate "nsl" and "socket"
libraries on Solaris; perhaps it is nicer to explicitly add these in
just the places where they are needed (and there are already various
makefiles that add them), but for getting an initial port working this
should be the easiest way.

by the way it shouldn't be necessary to link against "dl" on Solaris 10
and later because these functions have been moved into libc.