German comments translation

Philipp Riemer ruderphilipp at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 04:29:41 PDT 2012

Hey Jesso,

2012/6/23 Jesso Murugan <developer.jesso at gmail.com>:
> Hi Philipp,
>
> You are correct!
>
> I was reading the file, following some bug, and found myself
> translating the comments to understand what's going on and
> so I thought I'd just send the resulting file across ;) . By the way,
> no offense taken. I'll check the Easy Hacks.
>
> And, Google Summer of Code ideas seem pretty interesting
> too, so do you recommend me checking that (after an easy hack
> or two), or is it just reserved for just the participants of GSoC?

Start with small tasks and pick bigger ones as soon as you find
yourself confident in an area. I think this "folk wisdom" is also true
here.

I just know that the GSoC projects are bigger and need more indepth
knowledge. So they are not a good starting point. In addition, there
is currently a GSoC running - so some of the tasks might be in
progress. Would be frustrative if you just duplicate work of someone
else, even if it has a great learning effect...

> (I am an Indian programmer, currently in Saudi Arabia, so that's the
> reason behind the email and the blog.)
>
> - Jesso Clarence
>

> On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Philipp Riemer <ruderphilipp at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I think, I found your blog and it states that you are from India.
>> Phew, now I am confuesed ;-) But I also shows your general interest in
>> programming, so maybe you would consider reporting bugs of LibreOffice
>> or help on other topics as an alternative? Checkout
>> <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Easy_Hacks_by_Topic>.
>> I am pretty sure that there will be something interesting for you!

Cheers,
Philipp