What could be the problem when make gets into a loop in sax, continuously compiling facreg.cxx?

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Thu Mar 1 03:52:31 PST 2012

I thought the problem would be related to the timestamps of the .o and
.d files for the source file in question in some way that shows up
when using clang. (With gcc I don't see this problem.)

Although I don't understand how. Even if I add a ls -lT to show the
full timestamp of the .o and .d files after the compilation into
gb_CxxObject__command, I still see that both with gcc and clang the
files have the same timestamp to the second... So I don't understand.
(I even wrote a quick program to show the timestamp with sub-second
resolution, but that shows just zeros for the nanoseconds...)

--tml