What could be the problem when make gets into a loop in sax, continuously compiling facreg.cxx?

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Fri Mar 2 02:29:36 PST 2012

Eek, in tail_build it is even worse; there I now see it looping,
continuously recompiling some dozens of files in sw, unoxml, sfx2 etc
and rebuilding the dependencies of some libraries "[build DEP]". Sigh.
It had been doing that for the whole night;)

Maybe the best way out for me would be to make it ignore dependencies
completely (not generate and not use any .d files), and do "make
clean" more often, and then rely on ccache to provide compilation
results quickly when suitable?

--tml