[ANN] LibreOffice 3.5.1 RC2 available

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Mar 9 10:22:12 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-09 at 18:19 +0100, Petr Mladek wrote:
> It is pity that we missed 36982 for so long. IMHO, it was because it was
> not in most annoying bugs for a long time, had low severity, and not
> that scary summary.

	Well - we saw it, but it is Windows only - and besides it being
extremely hard to debug on that platform, it seems to be a deeply
unpleasant bug to debug even when you do (somehow) manage to build with
the symbols and get the debugger to play ball [ I was just suffering
quite some pain there trying to get another Win32 only crasher sorted
out with all the PDB files etc. - speaking of which is any of this
nicely documented somewhere ? ].

> Anyway, it has highest severity and priority in most annoying bugs now.
> I hope that we will fix it soon.

	It is possible that compiling with STL debugging iterators will find
it, at least last I looked there was some crash on a ++aIt; or somesuch
(perhaps the wrong bug). It'd be wonderful if someone who knows how to
build like that [ is that documented/easy to do ? ] could try that out
here.

	HTH,

		Michael.