Save , Save as HTML and Edit LibreOffice WorkBook without running LO

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Mar 12 04:31:25 PDT 2012

Hi there,

On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 14:11 +0400, libreoffice.ge at gmail.com wrote:
> We have an OOO|LO workbook in server. Jboss is generating report based on that workbook.
> This process is written. In old version  ( which was using OOO & Swing on client side)
> we were opening that Workbook. Everything was working fine.

	Ok - interesting :-)

> Now in new version we would like to have LO on server side and use web based
> client. For that purpose we have to :

	Fine.

> 1. Generate report on server side in LO workbook ( this is done)

	Great.

> 2. Save it as HTML ( that is also done using code I have sent , but performance
> is not very good and sometime LO is crashing)

	So - this is something we can (easily?) fix. There should be no serious
performance problem saving as HTML, and it certainly shouldn't crash.
Have you filed bugs for that ? do they have good stack traces ? :-) Are
you using the latest 3.5.1rc2 ? if so, then getting a callgrind trace
again with debug symbols installed for a good trace would be most
helpful; save your file as /tmp/foo.ods and then re-load it:

export OOO_DISABLE_RECOVERY=1
valgrind --tool=callgrind --simulate-cache=yes --dump-instr=yes ./soffice.bin --splash-pipe=0 /tmp/foo.ods

	And then use callgrind_control to reset profiling just before you do a
manual save as HTML - then calgrind_control --dump just after it, and we
should have a nice profile of what (silly) thing is taking time there.

> 3. Send it to web based client ( we are using EXT GWT framework for client)

	Sure - so that's not our problem :-)

> ./soffice is not useful becasue then we need first to save file in hdd (originaly
> file is in database , convert an send to Client.

	Fine - I understand it better now, hopefully you can provide some
detailed bug reports with the above data :-) Really, this list is not
for filing bugs on though, but discussing how to solve them and concrete
patches etc. for that.

	Thanks !

		Michael.