Can't compile from source, i18npool project segfaults with parallel build

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Fri Mar 16 02:44:24 PDT 2012

uh.linux at gmail.com wrote:
> I'm trying to build LibreOffce 3.5 and 3.5.1 from source, but build always
> failed with i18npool project. I'm using parallel build. Same build script
> compiles 3.4.5 and older versions. Tested with x86 and x86_64 machine. GCC
> 4.5.2. Making with -j1 in i18npool wokks, but automatic building
> whole suite
> with -j1 takes very long time. Can anybody confirm this? What additional
> information is needed?

Hi there,

please provide more information on the specific failure. From your
description, it seems you might hit a gnumake bug - what is your
gnumake version?

You might want to try a self-built make:

 git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/dev-tools
 cd dev-tools/make-3.82-gbuild
 ./configure && make

and then in your build shell

 export GNUMAKE=<path/to/your/selfbuild/make>

HTH,

-- Thorsten