Questions about Bug 33773 (chart)

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 21 16:43:10 PDT 2012

Hello Rafael,

>> > 1.- How i should handle export/import??? It seems ODF 1.2 and below,
>> > only
>> > support working with Y error bars,
>> > XLS import/export code, already supports having both bars. Tested it by
>> > exporting to xls and then importing it.
>> >
>> > Is there any way we can add features not implemented in the ODF spec???
>>
>> I think to be conform with the spec we need to export it into an own
>> namespace and maybe propose it to OASIS for 1.3.
>

> Any pointers on how to proceed with this??? Export code seems to be
> scattered, but i can concentrate
> on calc since its the most critical area and then proceed with the rest.

Ok. Chart export code is shared between all applications.

You'll find the source code in xmloff/source/chart. What we need to do
to follow ODF is adding the relevant entries to
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/xmloff/source/chart/PropertyMap.hxx
and write the export code similar to the y error bar export code.

I hope this helps you a bit more.

Thorsten, is there a preferable namespace for our custom
elements/properties? Something like libo:?

> Pushed to feature/chart_errorbars branch.

I saw it and the code looks really great. I will test build it and
have a quick look through the code and have a quick test but IMHO it
is ready to hit master even without the ODF import/export.

It would be great if you could add some test documents for your new
feature to http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/test-files/
that will allow us to check that we did not introduce regressions in
the future and as soon as I finally get the chart test working add
them to in-build tests.

Thanks a lot for this great work. Do you have already have an idea
what you want to hack next? Chart2 needs a lot of love and if you want
we can find some more tasks there.

Regards,
Markus