ancient openssl bundled

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 21:24:20 PDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Enrico Weigelt <enrico.weigelt at vnc.biz> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've just seen that LO still bundles an ancient version of openssl.
>
> Directly bundling such libraries is a stupid idea anyways, so I'll
> start cleaning up that mess.
As soon as you get Microsoft to install system openssl library, you
can probably do that, in the mean time
if your system has a system openssl library, you can already build lo
against it and not use the internal one...

> Is there any proper place where I should push to ?

If your intention is to update the internal opensssl, then the best is
to do that in a bug in our bugzilla
attach the necessary patches and a link to the reference tar.gz you
want to upgrate to.
at that point we need to do tinderbox build to make sure it does not
break any platform and then we will copy the reference tar.gz on our
infrastructure.

look in ooo.lst.in for how we reference external tar.gz

Norbert