[ANN] LibreOffice 3.5.2 RC2 test builds available

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 07:47:36 PDT 2012

Michael Meeks-2 wrote

> 	Personally, I think the ability to save 30k of stripped install size is
> not really that valuable - so I'd want it to be bundled unconditionally
> really if possible.

I agree that saving 30k in a 200Mb+ install is absurd.

On a opposite trend it would be great if the installer ASKED which
dictionaries should be installed (like Abiword' installer does), while
suggesting the most obvious (based on locale)

Since each dictionary is an Extension and extensions are checked at load
time, having dozens of un-needed dictionaries loaded not only makes first
load take ages but surely increases memory usage? (I haven't tested this but
I can tell for sure that dev builds which only have three languages load
significantly faster)

Please consider this.

Regards,
Pedro