Android: java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException from com.sun.star.ucb.ContentCreationException: Unable to create Content

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Fri Mar 30 05:28:36 PDT 2012

The static Reference< XContent > getContent() in
ucbhelper/source/client/content.cxx at line 327ff is called to create
help content, with the xId being
vnd.sun.star.help://?Language=en&System=&Version=${PRODUCTVERSION}.

(Yeah, the ${PRODUCTVERSION} should have been expanded I guess; that
is not the problem here I hope.)

As there is no help (because I don't build any help contents or help
code for Android or iOS, as the help text, and help display concept,
needs to be rewritten / redesigned anyway for these platforms, it
throws a com.sun.star.ucb.ContentCreationException.

I don't see from where exactly it is called (as I haven't built the
calling code for debugging; doing that now, hopefully I guessed
correctly from where it is called): But anyway, in the log I see the
Java message mentioned in the Subject,
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException. I wonder what that
means, anybody have any idea?

Shouldn't this ContentCreationException be caught somewhere in the C++
stack already, so that it never gets out to the Java levels (where
Dalvik then gets upset because it apparently is thrown by something
that doesn't declare throwing such an exception)?

Or is building without xmlhelp doomed to fail at run-time? (I have
made xmlhelp conditional on DESKTOP in the */prj/build.lst files where
it is mentioned.)

--tml