Android: java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException from com.sun.star.ucb.ContentCreationException: Unable to create Content

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Fri Mar 30 07:47:18 PDT 2012

I don't understand.

The call to getContent() comes from uno::Sequence < OUString >
SfxContentHelper::GetResultSet( const String& rURL ) in
sfx2/source/bastyp/helper.cxx.

And it sure is surrounded by a try { ... } followed by catch( const
ucb::CommandAbortedException& ) { ... } catch( const uno::Exception& )
{ ... } .

css::ucb::ContentCreationException is a subclass of
css::uno::Exception. So why doesn't the second catch() work?

Is exception handling broken in the Android NDK r7b and its
gnustl_shared library? Then we will have lots of fun in the Android
port... But surely exception handling brokenness would have shown up
earlier already? Sigh, my head hurts (just figuratively speaking).

--tml