[ANN] LibreOffice 3.5.2 RC2 test builds available

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 16:46:00 PDT 2012

Hi Tor, all

Tor Lillqvist-2 wrote

> My *personal* fear is that if we start doing these kinds of
> suggestions, we will get into nasty nationalistic arguments...
>
> "We here in Freedonia certainly don't need any Sylvanian dictionary;
> we will never forget how they destroyed our Holy Bicycle of Yendor at
> the Glorious Battle of Strawberry Fields in A.D. 567!"

Well, by installing all, not only you waste a "measly" 178Mb(!!!) on
dictionaries only but you are already offending the Freedonians...

Tor Lillqvist-2 wrote

> On the other hand, not suggesting any except that for the UI language
> selected, also opens up a Pandora's Box, "Don't you idiots know that
> Baklavian is also an official language here in Equatorial Kundu, all
> EqK citizens are required by law to be able to write documents in
> either languages, this is an insult to the Kundu People!"

:)
Unless there are a set of rules (e.g. for Equatorial Kundu include Kundulese
and Baklavian, etc) I think that if users see their own language selected
they will be happy and since the installer options are saved, even if they
have to select another language, it  is  a one time operation...

Personally I think that less is more :) and saving 178Mb on dictionaries
only is probably a good idea...

Regards,
Pedro