Cell Value xlsx import test

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Tue May 1 18:18:14 PDT 2012

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, 2012-05-01 at 18:25 -0500, Daniel Bankston wrote:

> Hi, Markus and Kohei,
>
> I understand that I am now to work on the xlsx cell value import.  After
> this week, I will be finished with my school finals, and my plan is to
> delve into the project full time starting next Monday.  I know we've
> just started, but do you feel that I am on schedule, behind schedule, or
> what?  I appreciate your patience with me as I have finished up the
> semester.

Well, I'd just say you are on schedule.  We are going slow this week
since you said that you have finals to deal with this week.  Plus we are
still in the community bonding period, so we can take it a bit slow this
week while you are getting your finals taken care of.

That said, let's take care of getting you a commit access this week, and
get your feature branch set up.  This wiki page

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/NewAccount

gives you an overview of how to get a new account, which contains a link
to this freedesktop page

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/AccountRequests

Michael (CC'ed) has an admin privilege for creating new accounts on the
freedesktop git repos, so when you file a bug requesting for a new
account, you need to put him in the CC of that bug.

Once you have an account set up, we'll pick a reasonably buildable
master snapshot to branch off of.  Then we'll use that branch for your
project for the rest of your GSoC period.

Also, this may be a good time to familiarize yourself with callgrind,
which is a tool used with valgrind to profile an application.  So far
the best page that explains callgrind is this old wiki page

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Callgrind