Unopkg fails to register extension (com.sun.star.registry.CannotRegisterImplementationException)

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon May 7 01:59:27 PDT 2012

On 05/06/2012 09:47 PM, Sebastian Humenda wrote:
> I hope I'm on the right list for my question.
> There is an accessibility checker for Libreoffice documents which I package for
> Debian GNU/Linux. In Bug 668376
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=668376) the package fails to
> install because unopkg causes a mysterious error (see output at the bottom of
> bug the report).
> I've discussed it with the upstream developer of AccessODF, but he said there's
> no reason why an error should occure. So I have two questions:
> 1. Can I somehow optain even more error output then I get with "-v" during
>    install?
> 2. Could it even be a unopkg/Libreoffice bug? The upstream developer and I can
>    install the package with no problem, only the bug reporter had those errors.
>    We tested the installation of corse in a clean chroot.

Looking into AccessODF.oxt as included in
<http://crustulus.de/accessodf_0.1-1_all.deb>, the actively registered
accessodf-addon.jar uses classes from lib/accessodf.jar
("java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: be/docarch/accessodf/Constants"), but
the manifest Class-Path of accessodf-addon.jar reads

   Class-Path: file:///usr/share/java/accessodf.jar

instead of

   Class-Path: lib/accessodf.jar

so it won't find the accessodf.jar contained in AccessODF.oxt when
calling "unopkg add" on it.

Stephan