[PUSHED-3-5] Revert "Set the listbox height to an integer multiple of the listbox entry height"

Ivan Timofeev timofeev.i.s at gmail.com
Wed May 9 04:52:23 PDT 2012

On 09.05.2012 15:06, Michael Meeks wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 22:55 +0400, Ivan Timofeev wrote:
>> this patch reverts commit
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=16c9d63da67897e51960f3684d8d05b06f2c8f81
>> Quote:
>> "This ensures that we don't get a half visible entry at the bottom of
>> the view."
>
> 	I think Luke did that for some annoying problems in the presenter view
> where we have this side-panel with an incomplete / partial list of
> transitions and/or other bits; which caused some interaction annoyance;
> but I guess this needs to be done at a higher level there. Then again -
> Cor reported problems there somehow.

Hmm, maybe this is annoying. But what if we would just draw a border
around the control. See the attached image. Not so annoying now, right?

Opinions from the UX point of view? :) Do we really need to shrink a
listbox so that it does not show a partially visible item at the bottom,
or adding a border is enough?

>> Actually that creates some problems:
>> 1. Some listboxes get too small so that it's impossible to use the
>> scrollbar.[1]
>> 2. Just open the LibreOffice file picker and resize it. Notice the ugly
>> gray space between the bottom of the listbox and the bottom of the
>> decoration.
>
> 	I just reverted it on 3-5; thanks for that.
>
>> Yes, I can make the current behavior optional and use it somewhere. But
>> where?..
>
> 	That'd be good I guess :-) It'd be good to get a description of the
> problem in the bug, so we can improve the slideshow as well as the
> file-selector.

The file-selector is ok now, let's find a solution for Impress' slide
transitions list right here...

Regards,
Ivan