3.5.3rc1 win32 / debug package ...

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu May 10 04:35:04 PDT 2012

On 10/05/12 13:13, Andras Timar wrote:

> Using PDB files for release builds does not sound good to me, because
> I don't think we should produce release builds with debug
> configuration (i.e. no optimizations).

ah, another developer who doesn't know what our configure options do (or
are supposed to do anyway)  :)

so there are 3 options, and --enable-symbols differs from the other 2 in
that it only adds symbols to the output, it does not enable any
debugging feature, or assertion, it does not disable optimizations, and
it is primarily used not by developers, but by distributors who want to
be able to produce reliable stack traces for _product_ builds, i.e. the
Fedora RPM spec unconditionally sets --enable-symbols.