Dictionaries & stuff

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Thu May 10 08:51:37 PDT 2012

Tomáš Chvátal píše v Út 24. 04. 2012 v 22:07 +0200:
> This led me to unfortunate conclusion that there is NO official page where to
> figure which are latest version and how to obtain them.

Many dictionaries are available via extensions, so
http://extensions.libreoffice.org/ might be a good place to find them.

In the past I downloaded them using a script. It read links from a wiki
page but it is not longer available :-( Also, we had a contributor that
updated the openSUSE packages semi-automatically. Unfortunately, he has
not been active last year.

Anyway, you could find the last package sources at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=libreoffice-hyphen&project=LibreOffice%3AUnstable
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=libreoffice-thesaurus&project=LibreOffice%3AUnstable
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=myspell-dictionaries&project=LibreOffice%3AUnstable

Interesting might be the .data file that mentions URLs where we took the
dictionary from.

Otherwise, we had the same issues, with e.g. version scheme, poor
English documentation, as described by Caolan.

The best thing would be to motivate author to keep the extensions site
up-to-date or better update the dictionaries in the git dictionaries
repository.

Best Regards,
Petr