How to add color scales to ODF?

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Tue May 15 07:59:30 PDT 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Eike Rathke <erack at redhat.com> wrote:

> So, what we could do is prepare two proposals, the clean incompatible
> one and the ugly more compatible one ;-)  It's then up to the TC to
> decide.

I think this is a sensible approach.  However, given how slow the TC
can be, I'm not sure if we can rely on them reaching a conclusion in
time for 3.6 (my guess would be "no").  I would rather we pick one
now, document it and use it. Then later when the TC decides what to do
in the standard, we'll adopt to that.

I just don't want to set a dangerous precedent where an implementer
has to wait for the (quite time-consuming and slow-going)
standardization process in order to get a feature implemented.  I can
see similar situations popping up in the future, and I don't want the
standardization process to be the bottleneck.  Note that this is not
to bash the standard committee being slow.  That process is slow for a
reason, and it's probably better that way.  I'm just trying to avoid
setting undesirable precedents for similar situations that we will
undoubtedly encounter again.

Best,

Kohei