Unopkg fails to register extension (com.sun.star.registry.CannotRegisterImplementationException)

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue May 15 09:14:43 PDT 2012

On 05/15/2012 05:39 PM, Sebastian Humenda wrote:
> Stephan Bergmann<sbergman at redhat.com>  schrieb am 07.05.2012, 10:59 +0200:
>> Looking into AccessODF.oxt as included in
>> <http://crustulus.de/accessodf_0.1-1_all.deb>, the actively
>> registered accessodf-addon.jar uses classes from lib/accessodf.jar
>> ("java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: be/docarch/accessodf/Constants"),
>> but the manifest Class-Path of accessodf-addon.jar reads
>>
>>   Class-Path: file:///usr/share/java/accessodf.jar
>>
>> instead of
>>
>>   Class-Path: lib/accessodf.jar
> Thanks for the hint, I'll investigate this.
> The file file:///usr/share/java/accessodf.jar is present when unopkg is called.
> There should be no reason that it cannot find this file during registration.
> Is it more common to have those dependencies in the Jar file or is externally
> also ok?

External to the jar, but internal to the oxt, (with the 1st jar's
manifest Class-Path pointing to the additional jar(s) via relative URLs
staying within the oxt) is OK and common.

External to the jar and also external to the oxt (with the 1st jar's
manifest Class-Path pointing to the additional jar(s) via absolute URLs,
or even relative URLs pointing out of the oxt) is obviously restricting
the usability of that oxt to environments where those dependencies are
known to exist.  It is not common and, in general, not OK.

Stephan