getting setup for gerrit (ACTION REQUIRED)

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu May 17 08:53:59 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we will move to gerrit soon and you need to take the following action now to
> make that as painless as possible:
>
> 1) login with OpenID(1) at gerrit.documentfoundation.org
> 2) Click on Settings in the top-left corner
>   (you might be redirected there on first login anyway)
> 3) Click on "Profile", pick your Username (your freenode IRC nick)
> 4) Click on "Contract Information" and add your git email if it is different
>   from your OpenID one
> 4) Click on "SSH Public Keys"->"Add Key"
>   Upload your ssh key, follow the guide link if you need help with that
> 5) Add the following to your ~/.ssh/config
> Host tdfgerrit
>    IdentityFile $PATH_TO_YOUR_PRIVATEKEY
>    User $NICKNAME_AS_GIVEN_ON_GERRIT
>    Port 29418
>    Hostname gerrit.documentfoundation.org

correction:
Hostname gerrit.libreoffice.org

and
s/tdfgerrit/logerrit/

Note: setting up a consistent ssh alias will help in the future to
script the management of .git/config

> 6) You now should be able to do:
>   git clone ssh://tdfgerrit/dev-tools
>
> The steps above are required for the change to gerrit and you should do them
> now as you otherwise will be completely locked out of commiting, once we
> switched over!

7/ people with a fdo account, please let us know when you've done the
above so that we can add you to the appropriate group on gerrit

Norbert