How to add color scales to ODF?

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Thu May 17 08:57:51 PDT 2012

Hi Markus,

On Wednesday, 2012-05-16 15:14:54 +0200, Markus Mohrhard wrote:

> >> Disadvantages:
> >> - need to introduce some non style parts into the style section
> >
> > Um.. why? what? how?
>
> IMHO something like information that the style should only be applied
> for the top 10% of a range is nothing that should be written to the
> style section. This approach will need to add such information in some
> way to the style part. Maybe not directly the range but
> above-percent(10) or something like that which in the end indirectly
> refers back to the range definition.

I don't see that. In the sample you posted all "for top x%" and such
information could go into the <condFormat> element, as

<condFormat>
    <topPercent value="10" style="...">
</condFormat>

Or did I miss something?

> >> - not easily extendable
> >
> > I don't see a problem in your sketch to extend things, what would it be?
>
> I think here about all the information that are not really style
> related. Color Scales, Data Bars, Conditional Formatting that depend
> on a range and not only on one cell. For example the Data Bars know
> several different settings which I'm not sure should be added to the
> style section.

Put them in the <condFormat> element. Btw, element and attribute names
need to be worked on to match ODF speak, also for background colors we
should use the already existing fo:background-color attribute.

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD