How to add color scales to ODF?

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Wed May 16 06:14:54 PDT 2012

Hey Eike,

>> The other not so clean solution but more likely accepted solution is
>> to add also a new section for conditional formats. But instead of
>> moving all conditional formatting information just store the range in
>> this section.
>
> This is an approach that should work and also pass the TC quite
> unanimously..
>
>> Advantages:
>> - less invasive
>> - will not break compatibility
>>
>> Disadvantages:
>> - need to introduce some non style parts into the style section
>
> Um.. why? what? how?

IMHO something like information that the style should only be applied
for the top 10% of a range is nothing that should be written to the
style section. This approach will need to add such information in some
way to the style part. Maybe not directly the range but
above-percent(10) or something like that which in the end indirectly
refers back to the range definition.

>> - not easily extendable
>
> I don't see a problem in your sketch to extend things, what would it be?

I think here about all the information that are not really style
related. Color Scales, Data Bars, Conditional Formatting that depend
on a range and not only on one cell. For example the Data Bars know
several different settings which I'm not sure should be added to the
style section.

Regards,
Markus