GSoC Week 1

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Tue May 22 04:58:41 PDT 2012

> However, I can't seem to resolve
> a problem building the nss module.

Hmm, in cross-compilation the nss module isn't built for the build
platform (and for Android, not for the host platform either), so is
this in a native Mac build tree I assume.

So not directly related to the Android work, but yeah, it is good to
have a native build, too. I guess you did your Easy Hack etc work on
some other platform than the Mac then? Build problems were really
supposed to be sorted out before GSoC coding start.

Anyway, I think your problem is that you are (accidentally) building
64-bit code, you need to include either the "-arch i386" or "-m32"
option in your CC and CXX. Also -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 . And you
probably didn't pass the --with-macosx-version-min-required=10.6
--with-macosx-sdk=10.6 options to autogen.sh.

(Yeah, all that should ideally be automated in configure.in, but then
support for a current tool-chain in the Mac build is a work in
progress.)

--tml