GSoC Week 1

Iain Billett iainbillett at gmail.com
Tue May 22 05:27:13 PDT 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi> wrote:

> > However, I can't seem to resolve
> > a problem building the nss module.
>
> Hmm, in cross-compilation the nss module isn't built for the build
> platform (and for Android, not for the host platform either), so is
> this in a native Mac build tree I assume.

It is, I thought I'd "do a quick build for mac first".

> So not directly related to the Android work, but yeah, it is good to
> have a native build, too. I guess you did your Easy Hack etc work on
> some other platform than the Mac then?

I did the easy hack on Ubuntu for simplicity. I wanted to switch to the mac
as it's a much more powerful machine, but I can retreat if need be.

> Build problems were really
> supposed to be sorted out before GSoC coding start.

I'm really sorry about that. The reason as you know was my final exams
stretched on for pretty much the whole community bonding period. However,
since that's my problem, I had always intended to sprint to catch up as
I've no other commitments for the next 12 weeks.

> Anyway, I think your problem is that you are (accidentally) building
> 64-bit code, you need to include either the "-arch i386" or "-m32"
> option in your CC and CXX. Also -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 . And you
> probably didn't pass the --with-macosx-version-min-required=10.6
> --with-macosx-sdk=10.6 options to autogen.sh.

I thought I had, autogen.lastrun:

CC_FOR_BUILD=ccache clang -arch i386 -mmacosx-version-min=10.6
CXX_FOR_BUILD=ccache clang++ -arch i386 -mmacosx-version-min=10.6
--with-build-platform-configure-options=--with-macosx-version-min-required=10.6
--with-macosx-sdk=10.6
--disable-mozilla
--disable-nss-module #I've tried with / without this
--without-doxygen
--without-myspell-dicts