building master against mac 10.7.4 using the 10.6 SDK

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Tue May 22 06:11:25 PDT 2012

Hi David, *,

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 2:07 PM,  <d.ostrovsky at idaia.de> wrote:
> Zitat von Christian Lohmaier <lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com>:
>> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Jonathan Aquilina
>> <eagles051387 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am trying to build master on my mac using clang.
>>>
>>> only modification i made was to build for 64bit.
>>
>> "only modification".... You're a funny one...
>
> have you forgot to place a smily here ;-)

Well, yes, it is implied :-)

>> * Neither is building against something else than the 10.4SDK
>> something that has been tested

Tor did correct me on that one - so compiling against the 10.6SDK is
supposed to work, although not an option for builds released for the
general public for obvious reasons (missing compatibility with 10.4
and 10.5)

>> * and even less so is creating a 64bit build on Mac.
> [...]
> I could look at 64-bit MacOSX build, if i had mac resources ...
> Or may be you (or your thinderbox) can compile for me and I would try to do
> it without mac ;-)?

"you" as in me? :-)
Then the answer is "no", as I only have a PPC mac with Mac OSX 10.4 -
so neither can I try compiling for newer SDKs nor can I try with a
intel build...

I might attempt cross-compiling for Intel, but its unlikely that I
will try it with that machine, since despite beeing quite beefy (Dual
2.5Ghz G5, 2GB RAM), compared to Linux the build is dead slow. (fully
ccached the fastest ones (i.e. those with no changes in between still
take >100minutes - typical build time is more like 3 to 4 hours)

"you" as in "whoever reads this"
Might be an option - as there are tinderboxes that build from ramdisk
and can complete a build in 15 minutes...
But I don't see any benefit of a 64bit build.

ciao
Christian