LibreOffice EasyHacks on OpenHatch

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue May 22 18:39:59 PDT 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 10:17:28PM +0200, Mat M wrote:
> Although you did awonderful FAQ on the Chatter on the left, I was
> surprised the block named "Volunteer opportunities, etc" states that
> "No volunteer opportunities in libreoffice indexed here yet."
>
> It needs to be checked, but maybe we could add the bugtracker query
> getting the issues having whiteboard like "EasyHack
> DifficultyBeginner" ?

*grumble* I had two queries there: One really querying for EasyHacks and
returning a list of those containing EasyHack. This did what we really want.
However it did not return XML (which openhatch seems to require).
Since I didnt figure out how to query with an XML result in freedesktop, I had
a second query with hardcoded Bug-Ids which returned XML. I hoped that
openhatch used the first query when the EasyHacks showed up. Unfortunately, I
was wrong -- so I added back the hardcoded XML returning query:

http://openhatch.org/customs/edit/bugzilla/LibreOffice

That is of course less than optimal. If somebody knows how to query fdo for
XML, please fix openhatch to use it.

Best,

Bjoern