[libreoffice-l10n] [ANN] LibreOffice 3.5.4 RC1 available

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Wed May 23 02:43:19 PDT 2012

Cor Nouws píše v Út 22. 05. 2012 v 22:42 +0200:
> Hi Valter,
>
> Valter Mura wrote (22-05-12 21:46)
>
> > I don't know anybody else experienced the same issue: if I click on a
> > menu in the main toolbar, I get a different indication for the shortcut
> > vs. the previous one - that's to say, now I see, e.g., for the Italian
> > localization "File|Salva con nome... (Save as...):
> > - now: "Control+Shift+S" ; before: "Ctrl+Maiusc+S"
> >
> > So, it seems the interface "doesn't seem to see" the language
> > translation for shortcuts.
>
> I see a sort of the same effect in Dutch.
> In 353		: Ctrl+Shft+S
> In 354rc1 	: Control+Shift+S

We did some investigation with Andras. The problem seems to be Linux
specific. The problem is "only" with translation of the special keys,
e.g. "Ctrl", "Alt". The menu describes the right letters. For example,
"Ctrl+A" is used to open new file in Spanish and it shows "Cotrol+A" in
the Spanish "File/Open" menu. The shortcuts work as expected. I am not
happy with the bug but it should not block the release.

Andras found that the regression is most likely caused by the fix:
"lp#818761: Remove SalDisplay::GetKeyboardName", see
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/vcl?h=libreoffice-3-5-4&id=8d9e2d9a211f710e91ac7c607fea25895282d245

Thomas, Bjoern, could you please have a look and provide better solution
for 3.5.5 and 3.6.0 releases?

Best Regards,
Petr