[libreoffice-l10n] [ANN] LibreOffice 3.5.4 RC1 available

Thomas Arnhold thomas at arnhold.org
Sun May 27 05:54:08 PDT 2012

Hi,

I checked these changes against en_US and de_DE as I commited the changes.

Here's the second change which has to do with Petr's mentioned one:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=2233aa52da14ec85331aee1163b885fe9a9fb507

I tested 3.5.4rc4 on Windows with de_DE (libo and Windows): File -> Save
as is displayed as Strg+Umschalt+S.

Today I did some testing with other languages: With all localizations
shortcuts are displayed in German. It seems libo gets this shortcut
string from the system locale, not the libo locale.

So the removal of those in-code translations make the hole package more
consistent with all other locales. Ideed the behavior for the before
hardcoded languages changed (English, Turkisch, Russion, German, French,
Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Portuguese, Spanish). For all other
than these languages the behavior was the same as it is now without the
translations.

So if you are in an hebrew system environment libo displays shortcuts in
hebrew, regardless which locale you set in libo. For the normal case
your are on a system with the same locale as set in libo - so it's no
problem. But it should be fixed later. If most of you think that the new
behavior is awkward, then please revert my two commits.

Thomas