[PUSHED][3-5] fdo#42865, SVN 1.7, etc.

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Wed May 23 06:08:16 PDT 2012

On 23/05/12 14:56, Petr Mladek wrote:

> I have only removed the trailing "\" from the last line of PATCH_FILES.
> It worked because the next line was empty but I preferred to do not
> concatenate it ;-)

actually i have over time come to prefer to add a trailing \ to the last
line in such cases, and an empty line afterwards, because then appending
a new line does not require changing the previous line to add a trailing
\ which looks like spurious noise in diffs.

for much the same reason i prefer to write C++ constructors like this:

Foo::Foo()
    : Base()
    , m_foo()
{