mentor gsoc

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Sat May 26 04:00:49 PDT 2012

Hi Robert,

On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 19:42 -0400, Robert Sink wrote:
> I recently applied and accidently withdrew my request to be a mentor
> [was actually going to resubmit something more specific].

	:-)

>   I am an Android hobbyist with six HTC phones [G1, G2, Droid Eris,
> Evo 4G, and two Wildfire S [gsm/cdma]; all various adreno gpus] and
> two tablets [Nook Color and HP Touchpad].  I enjoy mostly rom cooking
> and perfecting, but I see a need for an open source office tool.  So,
> I'd like to pitch in some time.. call me a collaborator as I'm
> hesitant to think of myself in mentor terms.

	Sounds good to me.

>   I know xml, java and c++ and have the aforementioned testing
> platforms for Android if I may be of service.  Thank you for your
> time.

	It'd be great to have you hacking on the project alongside the GSOC
student, that should present no problems I'm aware of - indeed, it might
encourage more open interactive development.

	So - IIWY I'd just poke the existing developer & mentor for some code
pointers and get stuck in.

	Great to have you around,

	ATB,

		Michael.