static clang source code analysis (Code Review Requested)

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 06:22:53 PST 2012

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 6:36 AM, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at suse.cz> wrote:
> I know this is a clang report and not the lcov one, but -- can you
> please put up the commands you use to generate these reports to the
> wiki, or (maybe even better) add two scripts like
> bin/generate-lcov-report and bin/generate-clang-report, so that
> developers can easily create them, too?

I've been playing with gcov/lcov

to get the coverage for a given module:

1/ build the product
2/ make module.clean
3/ gb_GCOV=YES make module
4/ run lcov on workdir/
5/ run genhtml
6/ enjoy :-)

7/ do not forget the make module.clean again after... otherwise the
link will fail later if you have gcov-enable object in a
non-gcov-enabled link (which also means that for static library it is
a bit more complicated)

Norbert