Change in core[master]: restore --enable-symbols option again -- was FYI: Cleanup of debug options

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Nov 8 08:17:04 PST 2012

On Wednesday 07 of November 2012, David Ostrovsky wrote:
> If no one has any opinion on it, I'm going to name it
> --enable-symbols-only.

 Just call it whatever reasonably makes sense. There will be always somebody
disliking some detail.

> May be after restoring that old --enable-symbols way, we could refactor
> it and merge
> these two different systems for setting -g like you suggested? At
> upcoming LO Hackfest?

 Well, cleanup of this stuff was  supposed to be what happened at the LO
conference. Seeing how it turned out (and given that apparently everybody
else has a different view of how this all should work, I'm still waiting for
somebody else to suddenly realize something else should be changed), I feel
like passing on that, sorry. But feel free to ask, I now know a lot more
about that part of code than the plan ever was.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz