Change in core[master]: restore --enable-symbols option again -- was FYI: Cleanup of debug options

David Ostrovsky david.ostrovsky at gmx.de
Fri Nov 9 09:23:45 PST 2012

On 09.11.2012 07:06, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> Argh, I hate myself for continuing this thread, but.... isn't there a
> risk that people will think "--enable-backtrace" is related to the
> code we have (but have disabled for some reason?), or used to have, to
> display backtraces in the application itself, when it notices some
> fatal signal/exception (but still is alive enough to be able to
> display a backtrace)?
That thread is closed now ;-) so please, don't respond to it, just
create your own...

After thinking about it again and again i decided (because no one did)
that the lesser evil is to preserve the old name: --enable-symbols.

Newbie wouldn't understand all 4 different debug options anyway (no
matter what name you would choose),
and the core developers (who actually use it) already know it under this
name.

See also the commit message: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/975

Thanks
David