minutes of ESC call ...

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Fri Nov 9 00:16:33 PST 2012

Hi,

Michael Meeks píše v Čt 08. 11. 2012 v 16:39 +0000:

> 	+ bundling libre logo ? (Andras)
> 		+ cf. motivational mail to dev list
> 		+ around 200k with icons license etc.
> 		+ is it useful for office suite users (Stephan)
> 		+ useful for school children & fun in draw
> 		+ not eager for bundled extensions
> 			+ built it into the core (Stephan)

It is a bit unclear here; I think the "not eager for bundled extensions,
built it into the core" was more a general statement than resolution of
the LibreLogo bundling - like, I understood it so that if we decide to
bundle an extension, it should be on the basis that the long term goal
is to integrate that functionality into the core.

I myself would prefer not to bundle LibreLogo, but instead improve our
extension download / installation experience in general - like some
'featured selection' of extensions that we would be able to show in the
Start Centre, or something.  Of course, until it happens, why to block a
nice feature :-) - but I don't think we should make its toolbar visible
by default, which consequently means that very few people will know
about that anyway; something that is more easily fixable (blogging,
etc.) if it is an (unbundled) extension.

All the best,
Kendy