cppumaker crash ...

d.ostrovsky at idaia.de d.ostrovsky at idaia.de
Tue Nov 13 06:38:25 PST 2012

Hi Michael,

Quoting Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com>:

> On Tue, 2012-11-13 at 11:49 +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
>> > 	I guess some include flags changed somewhere :-) still chasing.
>>
>> boost was added to tail_build recently, so it could possibly be caused
>> by a missing dependency, i.e. something is built before boost and finds
>> the system boost headers.
>
> 	It seems the problem was a set of missing:
>
> $(eval $(call gb_StaticLibrary_use_unpacked,codemaker,boost))
>
> 	Without those we would compile vs. the system boost and then (at some
> stage) the real boost would be installed, and we'd then compile other
> parts vs. that.

Lessons learned: when some external module is moved to tail_build (or
gbuildified for that matter) one test schould be always done:
uninstall the corresponding system lib and make clean LO build.

I extended the gbuild'ification documentation:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Build_System#Gbuildification_of_dmake_module

[...]
in case of external module:
* uninstall the corresponding system lib to make sure, that LO get
built against
gbuild'ified module and not against system lib

Regards
David