fdo#51004: some progress and 10 years old bug pending

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 23:59:04 PST 2012

On 11/09/2012 11:50 AM, d.ostrovsky at idaia.de wrote:
> Quoting Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com>:
>> On 11/09/2012 08:48 AM, David Ostrovsky wrote:
>>> * deprecate moz shipping as it may be needed for some extensions. That
>>> why Stephan reverted my patch:
>>> "don't compile moz module on all non windows platforms"
>>
>> Which commit are you talking about here?
>>
> this one: 903065dda1e574f4791ff40c31e39f14ba710424
> which you have partially reverted (removing that section):
> +dnl --enable-mozilla is supported only on Windows
> +dnl ===================================================================
> +
> +if test "$_os" != "WINNT" ; then
> + if test "$enable_mozilla" = "yes"; then
> + AC_MSG_ERROR([--enable-mozilla is only available on Windows])
> + fi
> +
> +fi
>
> My concern about it was (and still is), that someone in the wild still
> compiles moz on non windows platform without actually using it in any way.

Looking into the configure mess, the underlying problem appears to be
that --enable-mozilla does not only control whether to build module moz
(BUILD_MOZAB, PREBUILD_MOZAB) and what depends on it, but also
(WITH_MOZILLA) whether to build things that are related to Mozilla (like
the npsoplugin, <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Npsoplugin>) but do
not depend on module moz.

That needs clean-up.

Stephan