fdo#51004: some progress and 10 years old bug pending

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 01:28:57 PST 2012

On 11/14/2012 08:59 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 11/09/2012 11:50 AM, d.ostrovsky at idaia.de wrote:
>> Quoting Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com>:
>>>
>>> Which commit are you talking about here?
>>>
>> this one: 903065dda1e574f4791ff40c31e39f14ba710424
>> which you have partially reverted (removing that section):
>> +dnl --enable-mozilla is supported only on Windows
>> +dnl ===================================================================
>> +
>> +if test "$_os" != "WINNT" ; then
>> + if test "$enable_mozilla" = "yes"; then
>> + AC_MSG_ERROR([--enable-mozilla is only available on Windows])
>> + fi
>> +
>> +fi
>>
>> My concern about it was (and still is), that someone in the wild still
>> compiles moz on non windows platform without actually using it in any
>> way.
>
> Looking into the configure mess, the underlying problem appears to be
> that --enable-mozilla does not only control whether to build module moz
> (BUILD_MOZAB, PREBUILD_MOZAB) and what depends on it, but also
> (WITH_MOZILLA) whether to build things that are related to Mozilla (like
> the npsoplugin, <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Npsoplugin>) but do
> not depend on module moz.
>
> That needs clean-up.

So some clean-up happened now:

* The feature to plug browser plugins into LO documents ("Insert -
Object - Plug-in...") is actually independent of --enable-mozilla/module
moz, and is now controlled by ENABLE_NPAPI_FROM_BROWSER.

* The feature to display LO documents in browser windows is actually
independent of --enable-mozilla/module moz, and is now controlled by
ENABLE_NPAPI_INTO_BROWSER (was formerly controlled by --enable-nsplugin).

* The list of available data sources in the address book wizard ("File -
Wizards - Address Data Source...") is now independent of
--enable-mozilla/module moz on all platforms but Windows, see
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=0b21dd2593fae41ee430717d7d65e2cfca25b8e9>
"Fix datasource choices offered by the Address Book wizard."

For non-Windows platforms, this leaves no features that are keyed to
--enable-mozilla, so that switch is no longer relevant there.

Further clean-up of all the Mozilla-related configure switches
(--enable-mozilla, --disable-build-mozilla, --with-mozilla-toolkit,
--with-system-mozilla, --with-mozilla-build) and config_host.mk.in
variables (BUILD_MOZAB, DEFAULT_MOZILLA_TOOLKIT, MOZILLABUILD,
MOZILLA_VRESION, MOZ_FLAVOUR, MOZ_INC, MOZ_LIB, MOZ_LIB_XPCOM,
PREBUILD_MOZAB, SYSTEM_MOZILLA, WITH_MOZILLA), which should all now be
relevant for Windows only, is highly appreciated.

Stephan