Platform ports vs. multiplatform

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Nov 16 01:48:19 PST 2012

Hi Enrico,

On Thu, 2012-11-15 at 20:57 +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> > note that most of that can be handled by a proper file in
> > ./distro-config/.
>
> yes, but at least according to debian/ubuntu build rules, that
> doenst seem to be enough. (debian's rule file is over 3k LOC)

	Ah - that does seem a tad unfortunate. I'm sure there are lots of good
things in debian's rules file that we could fold into the core and make
easier for distributors in an incremental fashion. Having not read the
file - I've no concrete ideas there :-) but ... at least looking at how
some of our .spec files re-order and re-group the scp2 break-down to get
the packaging prettier lots could be improved in that bit alone.

> > --disable-epm  ?
>
> I'm talking about dropping it completely in my branch.
> By the way: what is this actually used for ? Not sure about the
> other distros, but Debian+friends dont seem to use it.

	Oh; EPM is used to build the generic cross-distribution packages that
we ship for Linux.

	HTH,

		Michael.