Broken commits in our repo

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 09:02:48 PST 2012

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Enrico Weigelt <enrico.weigelt at vnc.biz> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> while trying to push to github, I've encountered trouble with
> broken commits: github always runs fsck on post-receive,
> which fails due to broken commit metadata, and upload will
> be rejected. See commit
>
>     144c7a2e1d711e13422a5c84b34ac33b1d940034

The problem is that fdo is not a symetric mirror of gerrit. it
contains more stuff... either stuff that was left behind during the
initial setup of gerrit's core repo or stuff that was later deleted
from core and the deletion is not propagated to fdo

The reason for the later was to be able to catch branches that were
mistakenly not migrated to gerrit.
If you found such branch, let us know which branch it is and we'll see
how to correct the situation... but the corection will be either:
1/ ignore it because it is not a branch we care about anymore
2/ re-establish that branch (and the commit associated) in he gerrit
version of core.

In general you want to make sure to base close on gerrit and not on fdo

Norbert