GTK theming: oxygen-gtk support broken

Ruslan Kabatsayev b7.10110111 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 14:54:25 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 2:45 AM, Enrico Weigelt <enrico.weigelt at vnc.biz> wrote:

> IIRC, this provides KDE look+feel using Gtk, right ?
> That, IMHO, could count as argument for dropping Qt/KDE vcl.
> (see my other postings about vcl's/widget toolkits)

Not quite KDE look&feel in general, rather only Oxygen widget style
(not any other Qt style like Plastique). But still, KDE is indeed
mostly used with oxygen, so I do agree with you about dropping Qt/KDE
support in VCL (especially since it's much poorer than gtk support).
One thing which might be not so good here is KDE file open, file save,
print etc. dialogs. They appear much more usable than GTK ones, so
this is what I'd like to have left in (maybe even provide them for GTK
users if possible in principle & available at run time).